With the current Coronavirus Pandemic upon us I wanted to share some thoughts on the opportunities this creates for healing within.
I don’t want to downplay the seriousness of the illness and the global effects it has on not only our health, but also our economy, because there are repercussions. Please continue to take all precautionary measures (i.e. washing hands, social distancing, etc) to keep your health intact.
In many communities social gatherings are being canceled, schools are being closed, we as communities are being encouraged to stay home. With that, we are finding ourselves feeling isolated and disconnected, especially if you are living alone.
The purpose of my blog today is to share the “opportunities” this presents each one of us to go inside ourselves to heal the most important person in your life YOU.
Understanding the Inner Child
The inner child is defined as our original or true self, especially when regarded as damaged or concealed by negative childhood experiences. The inner child is also the childhood you have lost and forgotten yet it still resides within you in your subconscious.
All of us are made up of different parts of our past. Many of those parts are children. Many of us (I included) are children walking around in grown bodies. I work alongside clients to help them see and understand how the “children” inside of them actually run their emotional lives. These wounded child parts of us interact with everyone and the world around us from the viewpoint of the age in which they are. Very few make it to true adulthood, but we can learn to become better parents to ourselves.
Learning to Self-Source
We are continuously seeking out outside sources or other people to make ourselves feel complete, but what if you took this time to go within and connect, source yourself, find true joy? Honestly, we are the only one in our lives that can provide that sense of connectedness and joy for ourselves. Don’t get me wrong human interaction is defiantly a necessity, but other people do not have the power to control how we FEEL.
Here are some ideas on how to do that:
• Dance like no one is watching!!! Not only does this help you get your cardio in but it allows your inner child to express themselves.
• Take time to visualize a safe place for your inner child to go when they need or want to. Use your 5 senses, what does this place look like?, feel like?, smell like?, taste like?, hear like?. Be very descriptive in the details. This creates security within knowing you have the power go to this place in your mind whenever you’d like.
• Be curious! Have a conversation with your inner children. Ask what they like, dislike, makes them happy, sad, anxious.
• Sing! Give voice to that little one! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a voice like your favorite artist, belt out your favorite song 😊
• Write a letter to yourself. Renew the commitment to your inner children to assure them that you will try your best to be attuned to their needs.
Learning to self-source not only keeps us emotionally in touch with ourselves but then able to give to others from a full and self-replenishing inner wellspring, rather than from scarcity and lack.
Holding everyone in loving light as our global community combats and searches for a cure.